Inventors are Welcome at GRIP
GRIP has worked with inventors for many years. We evaluate ideas and determine if they have the ingredients for success and then provide support to inventors to bring their products to life. GRIP invites inventors to submit product ideas and inventions for our consideration by following these steps:
Download GRIP Idea Submission Policy and Agreement, sign and mail it to:
Grand Rapids Industrial Products 4628 Amash Industrial Drive Wayland, Michigan 49348
Attention: Invention Submission Department
Notify us at email@example.com that you have mailed us your GRIP Idea Submission Agreement.
When we receive your signed GRIP Idea Submission Agreement, we will email to you a confirmation and send you a File Review Number that should be placed on all future correspondence with us.
Fill out our Description of Idea or Invention Form (download here) and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If GRIP has an interest in exploring a business relationship with you. It typically takes about 4-6 weeks to review this information and get back to you. We appreciate your patience. Factors taken into consideration when reviewing ideas and inventions include:
- Is it a carpenter or mechanic’s hand tool?
- Is it a power tool, air tool or related accessory?
- Is it automotive lift equipment?
- Is it an automotive specialty tool?
- Does it concern tool storage and organization?
- If patents have not been awarded, is the invention patentable in and/or outside the United States?
- Does the tool appeal to Do-It-Yourselfers and/or professional users?
- Does the tool make a task easier, faster, safer or more effective?
Thank you for your interest, We look forward to hearing from you.
GRIP Invention Submission Department